L'Oreal Paris Infallible Pro-Matte Foundation in Natural Buff

by - January 12, 2018

Earlier when I was browsing through Althea, I was checking out the BB cream section hoping that I would find something I could use in substitute for foundation.  I saw a lot of options yet I'm still not decided on which one to get.  Should I try the cushion ones?

Anyhoo, I know I've mentioned before that I barely grab my foundation on normal days because of couple of reasons (being lazy is included).  However, since I ran out of BB creams, I only have two options - put on a layer of foundation or go for my trusty concealer.  The latter mostly happens but not on days when I need more coverage.

I bought this popular foundation when L'Oreal PH put it on sale.  I've been seeing greasy gals rant about this baby,  so that made me want to try it even more.


I got the shade Natural Buff, which is a pretty good match.

In case you haven't noticed, you need not worry about finding your perfect shade because the brand made sure that every skin tone is covered.  However, the range availability varies per country.


I don't know if you can tell, but it looks messy already.  I don't mind that it's in a tube/squeezable type of packaging, but at the very least, they should have made a more secured cap.  It actually spilled inside my makeup bag so just imagine the mess and the work I did to clean everything up.  Ugh.

Now, let's move on to the formula.


It's a bit runny and not in a thick kind of consistency I was expecting.  The scent is just okay, not so glue-ish or anything weird or strong.

It blends nicely using any tool, be it a sponge or a dense brush, but you have to work fast because it sets pretty fast.  When that happens, it's harder to move the product around and buff it evenly.


Coverage is guaranteed.  One thin layer can even out the skin tone and another can blur out pores and spots.

It's really tinted, which is a nice thing because that's what you would want from a foundation.  However, sometimes I don't like when I see the stain on a tissue whenever I blot my face.  Worse, if my face hits my shirt.  So when you have this product on, be extra careful when you're fitting clothes or even when you hug other people.  You might stain their top too!  Haha!  😆


I still set it with powder but not too much.  It could be a bit patchy and too "mask" looking if you overdo the application.

I have to admit, it works great with my oily skin.  I can enjoy the matte finish for hours and even if my skin gets greasy, it doesn't give me intense creasing unless again, I apply too much product.


Overall, I'm loving the matte, powdery finish and coverage.  Yes, it's not the lightweight kind and definitely, not for everyday use, unless maybe if you apply a very thin layer.  Nonetheless, it's still nice to have in your stash especially if you have oily skin.  If you fall under normal or dry though, you might want to find something else.


What do you think?

You can find it at L'Oreal counters nationwide or on Lazada.


your sweetest drug,

You May Also Like

0 comments

What do you think?