Maybelline Hypersharp Wing Eyeliner

by - June 10, 2017

When I first heard about how budge-proof this eyeliner is, I immediately put it in my What to Buy list.  My K-Palette one has been good to me especially on the application part, but I really needed something more badass and would survive my oily lids.

I got my Hypersharp Wing eyeliner at a discounted price during a Maybelline promo.  I couldn't recall the exact amount but I'm pretty sure it's nothing over 300 or maybe slightly over than that.  😏


It only comes in black color, same with its elder sister, the original Hypersharp.

I was thinking of buying both, but the Maybelline lady at the counter also told me that more people buy this purple b*tch (wing) than the yellow one (OG).  Since I only wanted to try the formula first and the name of the product seems perfect for what I would like to do with my eyeliner, I went home with this one.


The top swatch was done using the flatter side while the bottom was done when I turned the pen sideways.  As you can see you can create 2 lines with different thickness.

The brush is also a bit bendy.  Some people like that in eyeliners, some people don't.  Personally, I prefer a slightly stiffer brush because it gives me more control.  If I apply too much pressure as I draw my flick, it is sometimes hard to be precise and create a very sharp tip.


And when I'm perfecting the tip of my wing, I always make sure to flip the brush sideways to create a thinner line.  If I draw with the flatter side, it's impossible to get that pointy flick.

I also noticed that it dispenses more product compared to my K-Palette eyeliner, so I always make sure I use a very light hand and draw the line fast.  Maybe the product is too liquidy?


The intensity of the color is pretty good for a drugstore eyeliner.  It's almost jet black and matte.

Sure, the application is a bit tricky on my case.  I'm still not used to it to be honest, but in terms of lasting power, damn, I'm speechless.


I didn't expect that for its price, it would last the entire day without rubbing or anything like that.  There's very minimal fading on the outer corner and that's maybe because that area could easily get wet if you suddenly became teary-eyed or something.  Other than that, there's no flaking whatsoever.  When it's time to take it off, it can be removed easily with any makeup remover, micellar water or facial cleanser.  It doesn't leave stain as well.

By the way, I wore this to an event where I literally cried (happy tears because of Jay Park hahaha 😂) but the flick stayed on point.

I'm really impressed!

If you want to see Hypersharp Wing in action, watch my video here and here.


What do you think?  Have you tried the original one?  Is it good too?

Like Maybelline Philippines on Facebook.


your sweetest drug,



You May Also Like

0 comments

What do you think?