Batch Review - St. Ives, Etude House and Nature Republic

by - August 16, 2016

Is it just me or is hump day really more stressful than Monday?  It's like I get more uneasy on Tuesday nights because of impending workload the next day.  Ugh.  I'm starting to hate it.

Anyway, let's not talk about annoying stuff here.  Today, I'm sharing my short-but-sweet reviews on 3 skincare products.  Two of these actually came from my Althea mini haul.  If you haven't seen that video, you can click here.


St. Ives Blackhead Clearing Green Tea Scrub

Since my pores get clogged easily, I always make it a point to exfoliate my face at least once a week.  Well, it is hard to find a facial scrub that can really take out all the buried junk so I rely on my favorite iWhite nose pack.  However, there are times when I totally forget about it (or maybe I'm just too lazy) so I could see some of the clogs sticking out already.  

And that's the best time to use this scrub by St. Ives.


As you can see, the abrasiveness is moderate.  It feels like I'm scrubbing a superfine sugar on my face.  I go easy on the outer parts of my face but on the nose area, I rub like there's no tomorrow.  Haha!  Just kidding.  That would be painful.

I avoid the sides of the nose because it easily gets red.


It also smells nice - not too artificial.

I remember having a pimple after using this like once or twice but that won't make me hate it.  I wonder why though even if it has salicylic acid.  Hmmm.

My skin feels so smooth after each use and the fact that it takes away the clogs on the surface is already one good reason to love this product.

Oh!  And yes, it's affordable too!

Etude House Sunprise Must Daily Sunscreen



I'm not sure if you can remember but I've tried a sample of this before.  I liked it so I didn't think twice when I bought this sunscreen.

However, the problem popped up after using this for a couple of days.

I noticed that I was getting whiteheads on my forehead.  I actually stopped using this but I wanted to give it a second shot.  Too bad, the result was still the same.  I don't know what's causing the reaction but I don't want to get more of those bumps so I decided to ditch it.

In case you're wondering, it doesn't have that common sunscreen scent but it does smell like perfume.

Nature Republic Fresh Green Tea 70 Emulsion


One huge bottle of moisturizer for me!

I recommend this to people with normal to dry skin.  Yes, I'm oily but I still used it as my day and night moisturizer.  It made me grease even more so I had to break up with this baby.


It's a good emulsion but it's not lightweight so I suggest using it only at night.  I also noticed that it doesn't get easily absorbed but it really hydrates the skin.

Since it's not compatible with my skin type, I'm now using it as an eye cream.  Yep, I don't want to let go of a nice skincare here.


That's it!

Have you tried any of these?  Lemme know!



your sweetest drug,

You May Also Like

0 comments

What do you think?