Skin Care 101 - V&M Naturals Happy Pores Toner

by - March 18, 2016

Here are the toners that I've been recommending lately to my friends, cousins, fellow skincare fanatics and even to those who are just starting with their skincare routine.  And no, I'm not talking about an out-of-this-world, life-changing kind though.  Surprisingly enough, it's so simple and fuss-free and that's why I fell in love with it.

These are made by a local brand called V&M Naturals (Venus & Mars).  They offer a variety of all-natural, made-from-scratch skin and body care products such as soaps, lotions, moisturizers, creams, facial oils and more.


I discovered them through Instagram and because their products and the way they present them seemed very interesting, I dropped by their store in SM Annex.

The Happy Pores line consists of three variants.

The first one I picked up was Witch Hazel Pore Perfecting because it's for combination/oily skin.  I liked it and so did my cousin.  She actually requested for it when we did our exchange gifts back in December.

I don't know if it's just a lucky day or what but when I bought her toner, V&M was having a promo.


Each bottle regularly costs 335 php but back then, they were selling 3 (any variant) for 700 php.  Woah.  #shutupandtakemymoney

That's why I got to try the Rosewater + Aloe (for dry skin) and Cucumber + Guava Leaf (for sensitive skin) as well.

These toners are made from natural key ingredients and do not contain alcohol.  Each of them has a unique scent but in terms of effects, it's hard for me to tell.


I practically use whatever I grab from my desk.  I spray it on directly for daytime and put it on a cotton pad for nighttime to get any leftover dirt or makeup from cleansing my face.

This trio is not over drying, not irritating and apparently, they tighten my pores after every application.  But then again, those bad boys always come back in the scene after a couple of minutes.


Since it comes with a seal type of thing, you can bring this everywhere and spray some on whenever you need some freshin' up.  See?  It doubles up as a facial mist too!

Even though I haven't noticed any dramatic effects in terms of minimizing my pores (looking better if I exfoliate regularly and use these), I still love its simplicity and the fact that I'm putting on lesser chemicals on my face is good enough for me.

If I have to pick my favorite, I'd go for Pore Perfecting because I'm a little biased when it comes to Witch Hazel.  Haha!  I loved my Dickinson's toner but the struggle was real because of the scent.  Good thing, this one contains fragrance so there's no nasty smell. Plus, they spray on the bottle is really good!  It disperse the liquid very well, almost like those of a spray can.


My second runner up is Skin Clearing and my least fave is Soothing just because of the floral fragrance which I'm not a fan of.

What do you think?  Have you tried any of their products before especially the soaps?  Let me know in the comment box below if they're good and which one I should try next!

Like V&M on Facebook.


your sweetest drug,

You May Also Like

0 comments

What do you think?