Make Up And Hair (MUAH) - Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm in Elusive

by - March 24, 2016

It's the time of the year when we're given a quick breather from all the hustlin'.  While reflecting this Lenten season, I also hope you are having a relaxing time with your family and loved ones.

Anyway, I'm sorry for the lack of new posts lately.  As usual, I'm swamped with work-related stuff and editing the February haul video is quite time consuming.  Please bear with me. :)

So, today's MUAH post is all about my second lip crayon from Revlon's Colorburst line.


I got this at only 287.50 php instead of the regular price which is 575.  I went to the mall on Revlon's first day of sale and I was with a flock of lipstick hoarders.  It was crazy.

It was so damn hard to get the testers, even just one, because everybody was having a swatching moment.


You can easily distinguish these lip crayons by the packaging.  The Balm Stain ones are in glossy tubes while the Matte Balm ones are in (obviously) matte.

Color

I ended up with Elusive, a light watermelon/rosy pink color.  It's very pigmented but the pinkness is not too striking.  


I think it would be good for a bridal makeup or for fresh and youthful kind of everyday look.  

At first, I was skeptical that it would not suit my skin tone, but surprisingly, it brightens up my face and makes my teeth look whiter too.

Finish

Need I say more?  

It's a matte lipstick but there's still a tad bit of shine to it.  You can still notice the creaminess and it doesn't look like dried cement on the lips.


Application

It glides on very smoothly even without lip balm application prior.  No tugging necessary.  If your lips are really dry though, it might not apply evenly.

And since it has a crayon tip, it also doubles up as a lip liner.


Formula

I totally agree that it feels like a matte moisturizing balm.  It's infused with Triple Butter Complex - mango, shea and coconut that keeps the lips hydrated.

It's also lightweight and feels comfortable on the lips.  

Same with Balm Stain, there's a minty sensation.  It felt weird at first for a matte lipstick but later on, I got used to it.


Longevity

If you don't eat or drink, this would last hours on your lips.  However, it still easily transfers so blotting with tissue or accidentally wiping/touching your lips would fade the color out.  It doesn't stain the lips so be prepared for touch ups.

I noticed as well that the longer it stayed on, the more I get those nasty stuff at the inner part of my mouth.  That's actually a huge turn-off for me when it comes to lipsticks.  Maybe I applied too much?


Overall, the color is definitely right up my alley and the velvety formula is amazing.  Aside from the one I just mentioned, another no-no for me is the way it makes my lips chappy once I wear it for couple of hours.  Well, it is still hydrating as a balm but only for a short time after application.  

What do you think?

Do you also have Matte Balm lip crayons?  What shade do you own?  Let me know in the comments below!


Like Revlon Philippines on Facebook.



your sweetest drug,


You May Also Like

0 comments

What do you think?