Make Up And Hair (MUAH) - EM Cosmetics by Michelle Phan Classic Lipstick in Posh

by - August 19, 2015

Feeling a bit under the weather today.  My throat is sore, eyes are watery and I have runny nose too.  Times like this, I just want to wrap myself up in my sheets like a burrito.  But that ain't gonna happen.  Not until like 4 hours from now 'cause of you know, work.

Anyway, let us just jump right into this review.  No need for intro because this is already my second EM lippie, except this one's a classic type.  If you want to check out my post about their matte lipstick, here's the link.


I bought a couple of these back in December and decided to sell everything except one (of course, for myself). Now, I only have one lipstick left, also in classic version.  Sadly, no one's interested to get it so far so I'm thinking to give it to my sister as a gift.  Ssssh, friends.  Don't tell her, please.  HAHA!  And yes, I gave one to my friend as well.


Packaging's exactly the same.  I love the sleekness of the casing.

Color

Posh is my first choice.  It's like a pink-purple lipstick with hints of mauve.  It's not on the vivid, bright side but I think it would look good on any skin tone.  It's a little darker than what I would like but I still find the shade is pretty and flattering.

Color payoff is really good, no need to intensify with multiple layers because one swipe is enough to get the true color.  


Finish

It gives a gorgeous satin finish with a tad bit amount of shine.

Application

The bullet glides smoothly on the lips.  There's no dragging/pulling required.  But then again, my only concern is the size of the top part.  It's larger compared to common lipsticks and not too pointy so if you need precision, better to use a lip brush.


Formula

It's not super lightweight.  I mean, given that it has a creamy texture, I can feel that it's there on my lips when I'm wearing it, but nothing too annoying or anything.

It smells like cake too!  

I don't find that it's drying even without lip balm underneath.  Although, I still recommend conditioning your lips first before application because this baby kinda emphasizes the appearance of lip lines.  


Longevity

Now, this one's not EM Cosmetics Classic lipsticks' strongest feature.  

Wear time = time when you actually have it on.  So, if you lightly wipe your lips, eat or drink, you probably know what to expect.  There's no staining effect as well.

But but but, the good thing is that, it doesn't leave an outer rim when it starts to fade.


Overall, I love the color and everything else about it except the lasting power.  However, that's totally not a big issue for me 'cause I don't mind re-applying once or twice throughout the day.

EM matte lippies on the other hand are long-wearing, so I might appreciate it more if they have a matte version of Posh.


I can imagine pairing this with a soft, bridal-ish kind of makeup look or even with mauvey eye makeup.  Perhaps, it would also look good with slightly heavy brown eye shadows.

And by the way, if I want to lighten the color a bit, I apply a pale pink lip liner underneath.  A few dabs of it would also work.

What do you think?

Visit EM Cosmetics website for more info.


your sweetest drug,


You May Also Like

1 comments

  1. Very great post. I simply stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed browsing your weblog posts. After all I’ll be subscribing on your feed and I am hoping you write again very soon!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?