Skin Care 101 - Burt's Bees Tinted and Beeswax Lip Balm

by - May 22, 2015

Fast forward to June, please?!

I can't wait till our beach trip next month.  Nope, not Boracay.  Not just yet.  It's Cebu!  My friends and I decided to explore the city and have a quick summer vacay.

Anyway, here's a quick post about these two honeys from Burt's Bees.  Actually, I wasn't quite sure if this should be tagged as Skin Care 101 or MUAH.  But I guess, the former is more appropriate.


The Tinted Lip Balm is no stranger to me.  I've seen it once before because I was eyeing to buy it.

Everyone loves it.  Everyone thinks it's wonderful.  And it is.

650 php

I initially thought that it comes in jumbo size, just like how the paper casing (kind of) looks like.  HAHA!

I got the shade Honeysuckle, a light-caramel color.


It contains a lot of natural conditioning ingredients but the key one is shea butter.


It gives a pretty tint but this shade is almost unnoticeable and sheer.  I'm sure the other ones are a little bit more opaque.

And the scent?  Oh dear!  It's so good!  Some might consider it as a crayon fragrance, but personally, I love it.  


Now, this one's a simpler version.  Colorless but with a "cool" twist.  Burt's Bees considers this as an all-time favorite, an oldie-but-goodie.  

Instead of shea, it has beeswax, which is also a great moisturizing natural ingredient.  The famous anti-oxidant, Vitamin E is also present.

325 php

Because of the peppermint, it gives a cooling effect.  Some people might not like this though (some hate minty stuff).

Since it's very waxy on the lips, I only use it at night because it kinda messes up lipstick application.  I love how it makes my lips supple the next day!

Both are very moisturizing.  I cannot argue with that.  I love 'em.

If I have to choose only one, that would be Tinted (and I guess most of you would support me on this pick HAHA).  I use it daily.  Sometimes, I even reach for it instead of my LOTD to keep my lips hydrated and less-flaky.

How about you?  What would you choose?  :)

You can buy Burt's Bees products at any Beauty Bar store nationwide or through http://shop.beautybar.com.ph/



your sweetest drug,

You May Also Like

0 comments

What do you think?