Make Up And Hair (MUAH) - L.A. Girl PRO Conceal HD Concealer in Creamy Beige

by - April 13, 2015

If you're in the market now for a great, reliable concealer, you may want to consider this one.  And no, I'm not gonna introduce you to an expensive high-end brand because this one's a drugstore gem.  Yep, it won't definitely cost you a fortune but will make your skin appear more flawless.


I'm talking about L.A. Girl PRO Conceal HD Concealer.


It was below 300 php when I bought it at SM Beauty section.  I even got a discount because it was on sale.  Lucky day, huh?!  

I chose the shade Creamy Beige and if I'm not mistaken it's the lightest one available here in the Philippines.  They only sell a very limited range of colors, so if you cannot find something that suits you, look for local online shops.


This baby right here is one of the most raved about drugstore concealers worldwide.  I'm not even kidding.  It didn't surprise me when I tried it myself because it's freaking effective.  Even the makeup pros love it.  Some people even use the darker shades for contouring because of the awesome formula and coverage.


As you can see, it comes in a squeeze-tube type of packaging just like typical concealer pens.  There's a synthetic brush to help you apply the product on your face, but of course, it won't do much when it comes to blending.

Here's the description on the L.A. Girl website.

Crease-resistant, opaque coverage in a creamy yet lightweight texture. The long-wearing formula camouflages darkness under the eyes, redness and skin imperfections. Provides complete, natural-looking coverage,evens skin tone, covers dark circles and minimizes fine lines around the eyes.

This blendable and buildable formula provides the ultimate, customizable coverage. This must-have concealer includes a soft brush-tip for easy application.

-Camouflages the appearance of skin imperfections
-Evens out skin tone
-Covers dark circles
-Minimizes fine lines
-Provides customizable coverage


You'll get only 8g of product but you won't regret stocking up on these because like I said, it's gooooooood!

I don't see any harmful ingredients in the list aside from a couple of parabens.


Formula

The consistency is creamy (not buttery creamy, but still nice) and easy to blend with or without primer.  I normally use my ring finger, sometimes a brush to apply it and it didn't require any special technique or magic trick.  It blends like a dream!

pore takeover again!

It smells like regular liquid foundations, nothing strong or unpleasant.

Coverage


It is opaque.  It gives a decent amount of color, enough to even out your skin tone.  After one layer, it instantly brightens up dull areas of the face but imperfections still peek through.  On the second layer, skin looks more flawless.  

I'd say PRO Conceal gives medium to full coverage.  Feel free to apply multiple layers if you need to because it won't look cakey and it won't feel too heavy.  Just make sure you blend it evenly.  

Here are some photos.  I didn't use any face makeup except for primer and this concealer.


It doesn't completely hide my eye bags, but I love how it brightens up that area, making my dark circles less horrible.  There's also minimal creasing because of my fine lines though it doesn't settle in between, which is good.  After applying powder, you'll see it but nothing too significant.  It's almost unnoticeable from a distance.  


On my blemishes (redness, bumps, visible pores, pimple marks, etc.), it's working fine because it's pigmented, but applying two layers is not enough to hide it entirely.  However, it's no biggie because I can just use another base makeup to intensify the coverage.


I'm super glad that I discovered L.A. Girl PRO Conceal because it gives me no trouble in terms of application and coverage (for daily look at least).  Lasting power is pretty nice as well.  It doesn't slip and slide throughout the day even under intense heat.


My only gripe would be the shade that I had to pick (due to limited shades available) because I think I need a lighter one.  It still works on me though and I love the subtle highlight it gives, but I feel a lighter shade would brighten up my face even more.


Yep, in these photos, I only have primer, concealer and powder on mah face!  It's enough to look more like a human, not a zombie.  

There's no need to worry about flash photography as well when having this concealer on because it doesn't create a white cast since there's no SPF (but I'd love if there's sun protection too). 


I highly recommend this drugstore gem.  It should be your next concealer, my dear!  

What do you think?


Like L.A. Girl Philippines on Facebook.


your sweetest drug,

You May Also Like

0 comments

What do you think?