Sample Stash - Holika Holika Skin & Good Cera Super Cream

by - January 04, 2015

It's officially the first weekend of the 2015!  How's everything so far?  Are you busy writing your plans and resolutions?  You can also read my post yesterday because I've shared there some life lessons that can hopefully inspire you a little bit.

Before I start with today's post, I wanna share some updates first.  About the makeup video, I'm at 50%, so probably, I would be able to publish that next Sunday.  As you know, vacation is almost over and we'll be facing work again this Monday.  Maybe I just have to do partial editing whenever I come home from work.  However, please know that it's gonna be a little difficult for me as I need to do other blog posts as well, workout and review for an upcoming certification exam, which by the way, causing me to panic whenever I think of it because I need to study on my own.  Gaah!  On top of that, we are also preparing a new collection for The Chic Closet.  So yea, I'm juggling a bunch of stuff right now (*sigh).  Oh well.  #timemanagement

Now, onto the sample of the week!

    
This one is from Holika Holika and it is basically a moisturizer.  It's called Skin & Good Cera Super Cream.  Cera stands for ceramide, which is the key ingredient of this product.

According to TotalBeauty.com:

Ceramide makes up 20% of the skin's inter-cellular matrix, the 'glue' that holds skin cells together, helping skin maintain its appearance while protecting it. When your skin suffers from sun damage, a dry environment or irritating skin care products, ceramides decrease, leaving the skin vulnerable.  Therefore, replenishing the skin's ceramide content is a powerful way to protect skin, helping it act and look younger.


The full-size version looks like so.  It's housed in a jar which could be an issue for some due to hygienic reasons.  I'm not sure though if there's a spatula included.


Based on the description above, it seems ceramide is indeed, good for the skin.  This product also claims that the moisturizing effect is up to 72 hours after application. Hmmm.  I don't know about that because I think it is not that easy to prove or test.  Perhaps, "12 or 24 hours" is more reasonable.


The consistency was very thick and the scent was a little perfumy.  


In my opinion, it didn't feel very moisturizing.  It made my skin supple for a few seconds though.  Maybe the product was not absorbed fast because of the ultra creamy formula.  If you'd ask if it made my face oilier, the answer is no.  Furthermore, I'd say this could be suitable for normal to oily skin types.  


Overall, I'm not fully convinced by this moisturizer, but I'm willing to give it another try.  Maybe another sample?  I was only able to use it twice because I had to apply a generous amount to really blend it all over my face.  

I'm not sure if Good Cera is available locally, but you can ask Holika Holika through their Facebook page.

What do you think?



your sweetest drug,

You May Also Like

0 comments

What do you think?