Make Up And Hair (MUAH) - Missha Perfect Cover BB Cream in No. 21

by - January 30, 2015

I got to try a new BB cream, which is by the way one of the most raved about ever since the craze.  It's from Missha and it's called Perfect Cover BB Cream.

My cousin bought the travel size in 20 ml version.  I find it very convenient because it fits any small makeup pouch or you can just squeeze it in anywhere in your bag.  Plus, this is perfect for those who want to give this product a try without spending too much on the full-sized (50ml) version, which comes in a pump tube type of packaging.


Since my cousin has fair skin, I chose No. 21 - Light Beige for her, the 2nd lightest of the 3 shades.

According to Missha website:

The M Perfect Cover BB Cream is suitable for all skin types and can be used as a makeup base or foundation. Combining cosmetics with skin care, this product promotes natural-looking coverage while providing sun protection, treating dark spots, and preventing wrinkles. 

There's also a description on the box.


They offer other types of BB Creams for each skin type.  I think this one's the most basic of the bunch.

Whitening, anti-wrinkle properties and buildable coverage, these are just a few qualities of a typical Blemish Balm.  So for me, Missha's Perfect Cover is pretty much the same with all other BB Creams I've tried and seen.  The only features that somehow differentiate this baby from the rest are the whopping SPF 42 and the oxidation part.


What I love about it:

  • available in a smaller size
  • sleek packaging
  • with SPF 42 (no need to worry if you forgot your sunscreen)

  • the tube has a narrow tip, so the amount of product to release is easy to control
  • pleasant scent (soap-ish fragrance), not too strong 
  • a thin application can even out the skin tone already
The color seems normal at first look.  By normal, I mean the usual yellow-ish cream color.  

  • consistency is just right, not too watery, not too creamy
  • texture is very smooth and blendable
  • moisturizing
It's really grey compared to my natural skin color.

  • not sheer (for me, coverage is light to medium)
  • conceals redness 
  • diminishes appearance of pores very well 

Here's a swatch comparison.

  • gives a natural finish, very lightweight
  • slightly dewy
  • creates a nice base
While waiting for it to completely set, expect to look very pale and grey.  

  • doesn't cake
  • doesn't make me look like I'm wearing too much makeup on 
  • no breakout 



Watch-outs:
  • shade selection is limited
  • oxidizes - from gray-ish color, it becomes a little bit darker than the expected shade
  • veins, pimple marks and other blemishes still peek through (average application)

  • no oil-control (but it won't make your skin oilier throughout the day)
  • not long-lasting

Overall, I think Perfect Cover is a very nice go-to BB cream.  It gives that my-skin-but-better effect but with a natural glow.  I don't worry too much on the light to medium coverage for the pimple marks and all because it does a very good job at blurring my visible pores.

Since it has SPF42, it might give a white cast if you take photos with flash.  But looking at my pictures here, it seems there's no effect.  I used an SLR with speed light, by the way.  


Since it oxidizes and I have a warm, yellow undertone, Light Beige is okay for me.  Normally, I'd always pick Natural or Honey Beige. 

I now consider purchasing one for myself this time, though I need to rethink because I prefer a powdery finish with a slight dewy effect.

What do you think?


Like Missha Philippines on Facebook.


Happy weekend!


your sweetest drug,

You May Also Like

0 comments

What do you think?