2014 Highlights and Lessons Learned

by - January 02, 2015

Happy new year, world!

I'm postponing today's Flashback Friday because I don't wanna delay this one any longer.  I intended to share this before NYE, but I had several gatherings here and there, so I wasn't able to find time to blog.  Anyway, instead of doing a Bucket List for 2015, let me just share the life lessons I learned in the past year, and of course, the highlights that made my 2014 more awesome than I expected.


On the career side of things, I got a new role which I'm really thankful for, because now, I feel like I really enjoy my work.  I thought everything was becoming stagnant until I got this opportunity.  It gave me such a hard time at first, which was really understandable because I was just starting and still on the learning phase.  It got better eventually but still stressful, really demanding.  Nevertheless, I know that I feel a sense of satisfaction somehow. 

February of last year was full of heartaches.  I can still imagine what happened very clearly.  I can still feel the sadness and sorrow whenever I think of those moments.  It was indeed, the toughest time of my year, but as they say, it's all in the past.  I know I've already closed that part of the book and deeply buried those emotions.  Done. 


Moving on to the brighter side, I got the chance to witness 3 beautiful weddings.  Kris' sister, our close friend and my sister finally started their journey to happily ever after.  

Since my sister had a love-can-move-mountains theme, I also got to experience Banaue for the first time.  So breathtaking!


The universe gave me plenty of surprises as well!  


First on the list, Yabu wall feature!  I was really shocked when I saw this.  I almost screamed while telling Kris to go and check it out.  

Next, more goodies from iWhite!  


Thank you for your continued trust!


I also received 3 pairs of contact lenses from Geolica.  #blogfreebies


Hopefully, I'd get to travel more and see other beautiful places here in Philippines next year.  I can't wait for our next Boracay trip as well!  


Last November, I've reached a milestone.  My blog turned 3 years old!


More about le blog, I was invited to a blogger event.  It was my first time, so it's definitely a highlight for me.  I also did a couple of collaborations.  I received my first ever "blog-pay".  HAHA! 

I think that's it!  I wanna thank everyone who has been a part of my 2014.  I can't wait to create more memories and more wonderful experiences with you all.  

Now, I wanna share some life lessons I've learned from my experiences and others as well.

Start telling yourself that you CAN do it.  Sometimes, the only barrier between you and your dreams is YOU telling yourself that you'll suck at it.  Don't be afraid to try.  Don't be afraid of failure because you'll learn from it and eventually, help you to become better on your next attempt.  

Don't give a f*** about what people think.  It's normal to hear constructive criticism but it's another thing to receive judgement from people, and let it dictate you on how you should live your life.  Some will love you.  Some will hate you.  Face it.  Do what your heart says as long as you don't hurt others.  Free yourself from all the expectations coming from people who just want to criticize your every action and decision in life.  Remember, you cannot stop others from judging you but you can stop it from affecting you.

Don't give up on love.  If you know it is worth the fight, then fight.  Even if the universe is giving you reasons to stop fighting for love, don't.  All relationships face different kinds of issues and problems.  What makes it more worthwhile is how you both survive after each storm.  No matter how hard it gets, as long as you both work for it together and willing to do everything to keep the relationship, that's enough reason to continue the battle.  

It's okay to make mistakes and stupid decisions once in a while.  I think this doesn't need explanation.  

I know that 2015 will be more challenging and exciting at the same time.  Changes will come.  More opportunities await.  Another chance to be better, make up for the mistakes we've made and do the things we wish we had done in the past year.  I know you can do it.  We can because we have become wiser and stronger.

Bring it on, 2015!

Good luck!


your sweetest drug,




You May Also Like

0 comments

What do you think?