Make Up And Hair (MUAH) - MAC Tart & Trendy

by - December 20, 2014

If you've seen the Just In post where I first mentioned about this MAC baby, I also shared that it's my first time to buy a second-hand makeup.  My colleague, Meg, who is also a beauty blogger and owns an online makeup shop as well, decided to sell her pre-loved cosmetics and I was lucky to score one of her MAC lipsticks.  You can click the links above to check out the available items.  I think she updated the prices and added more products, so if you are open about buying slightly used makeup, go and visit her sites.


Here's an orange MAC Lustre lipstick in a shade called, Tart & Trendy.  It was a part of the All About Orange line that came out last year.  If I'm not mistaken, this one's a limited edition, so you won't see it anymore in any MAC counters.


It's almost new when I bought it.  Box was included.  The tube and bullet were in good condition as well.


COLOR

Obviously, it's orange.  Not on the very bright, neon side though.  It has a neutral to warm tone.


In terms of color payoff, it's a teeny bit sheer when you compare it with other very pigmented lippies.  One layer would give your lips a light orange tint, but you can build it up if you want a more saturated color.


It's really good as an everyday-orange, if there's such a thing.  HAHA!  What I mean is that, if it's your first time to try an orange lip color, this one's a very good option.  It's not very striking and looks natural.


FINISH

It has a slightly creamy finish like most regular lipsticks.  No glitters whatsoever.


APPLICATION

It glides smoothly on the lips even when it's dry.  No pulling or dragging required because color transfers easily and evenly.


TEXTURE

Even though it's on the creamy side, it doesn't feel heavy and rich.


FORMULA

It's a bit drying and it has caused my lips to chap a few times.  Better if you prep with lip balm prior every application.


LONGEVITY

The bummer is the lasting power.  It doesn't leave any stains, so once it transfers to a tissue, cup, straw, etc., it's gone.  You'll have bare, colorless lips again.


Even if you put on 2 or more layers, don't expect it to last throughout the day.  However, I think this ain't a problem for those who don't mind reapplying their lipsticks after eating, drinking, whatsoever.


Sometimes, I just dab it on my lips for that very sheer orange tint.  I also like putting on 2 layers if I'm in the mood for a brighter orange.


One sad part is that, Tart & Trendy is not meant to be used for a gradient lip look.


As for makeup look suggestions, I've tried pairing this with light gray eye shadow, and it looked good.  I think this color complements minimal eye makeup very well.  Since this is a neutral orange, you can still play with different eye makeup looks.

Overall, I like everything about this lipstick except the longevity part.  I still consider it as a good try though because it's very easy to wear.  And seemingly, this shade of orange suits my complexion.  Next time, I might try a more saturated orange.

What do you think?


your sweetest drug,

You May Also Like

0 comments

What do you think?