LOOKBOOK - Leave Your Lover

by - September 28, 2014
















Before I talk about this look, let me share first one of my favorite songs by Sam Smith - Leave Your Lover.  

You'll never know the endless nights, the rhyming of the rain
Or how it feels to fall behind and watch you call his name

Can't keep this beating heart at bay
Set my midnight sorrow free,
I will give you all of me
Just leave your lover, leave him for me.
Leave your lover, leave him for me 

Oh, I'm in love with you and you will never know


I really love the way he wrote his songs in his album, In The Lonely Hour.  He experienced heartbreak and the words just came out very naturally.  Every song has this distinct emotion and story.  People seem to relate because the lyrics perfectly describes what they have been going through or what they have gone through. #totallyremindsyouofsomeone 


Okay, now onto the outfit.  Talking about favorites, here's the way I usually style black dresses.  I like throwing on gold accessories because they seem to bring out a classy vibe.  Black works well with silver too, but that combo will suit an edgy and modern look.  Either way, we can't deny that LBDs are indeed, a wardrobe staple.


The feature of this dress is the unique square-cut neckline.  Even without a belt, the fit will still look fine as well.  With a blazer or scarf, it would be appropriate to wear to work.


What do you think?

Dress from The Chic Closet
*free shipping

Hype this on LOOKBOOK.



your sweetest drug,

You May Also Like

0 comments

What do you think?