Skin Care 101 - Neutrogena UltraSheer Dry-Touch Sunblock

by - April 30, 2014

Did you know that the main cause of skin cancer and damage is due to UVA and UVB?  I think there's no need to explain where they come from.  We all love basking in the sun especially when we're at the beach but excessive sun exposure is too risky if you do not use protection.  It accelerates skin-aging and damages the skin's natural elasticity.

I think the most important question that I should ask is, are you using sunscreen daily or whenever you go out?  If your answer is no, I suggest that you rush to the nearest drugstore.  Now.

I don't know why, but I really regret not adding this to my skin care routine earlier.  Maybe because the heat is becoming more intense every summer.  Maybe.  Nevertheless, I'm more relieved now.

Here's the sunscreen that I bought and it's by Neutrogena.


More SPF facts!

SPF 15 or higher works great but personally, I recommend not lower than 30.  Here's how it works.

Basically, if it takes 10 minutes for your bare skin to react when exposed under the sun, applying a sunscreen with SPF 15 will prolong it 15 times.  So, that's about 2 hours.  However, any amount of SPF cannot not block all UVB and UVA rays.  Furthermore, one-time application won't work.  They say it must be re-applied every 2 hours.

Now, let's talk about the product.


I chose SPF 50 because I easily get a darker complexion.  Unlucky ducky.  Neutrogena is a great brand and the price is reasonable too.  I bought it at around 600 php - 88ml.


It comes in this squeeze-tube.  Not ideal actually because it's a bit hard to control.

What I like about it:

  • Doesn't leave a sticky/greasy feeling
  • Dries fast
  • No irritating scent
  • Feels light and smooth on skin
  • Suitable to wear under makeup
  • Waterproof - though I haven't tested it before swimming
  • Doesn't irritate pimples and block pores
  • Oil-free - oily skin-friendly
  • No white cast
  • Lotion-like consistency

I cannot completely agree about the "sweatproof" part above.  It's hard to tell, right?  :)


I can feel that my skin can still breathe when I have this on.  Good!  

I use this daily, whenever I go out.  Do not forget your neck!  

Overall, I like this sunscreen.  It doesn't mess up my concealer and BB cream and the formula is really different than usual.  Suitable for face and body too.

Before I end this post, just want to share these things.

1. Apply at least 30 minutes before sun exposure.
2. Re-apply frequently.
3. Even if the sun is hiding behind the fluffy clouds, you have no reason not to apply.  So, using sunscreen only during summer is a no-no.
4. Using multiple sunscreens with different SPF and thinking that it will add up is wrong.  It doesn't work that way.  If you want a higher SPF, buy another one and use it alone.  It's better and provides much greater protection.

Again, PROTECT your skin.  I can't emphasize it enough.

Like Neutrogena on Facebook.


What do you think?



your sweetest drug,



  

You May Also Like

0 comments

What do you think?