Make Up And Hair (MUAH) - 8 Ways to Instantly Change Up Your Look

by - October 25, 2013

I haven't prepared my drafts yet so here's a spontaneous post.  HAHA! But hopefully you'll find it helpful.

So lately, my hair color starts to annoy me.  If you can remember, I tried red-brown hair last year and super loved it!  You can check out my post here.  It was shoulder-length before and now, it reaches my bra strap.  (I'm amazed how we can use our bra as a unit of measurement for hair.  HAHA!)  I want it longer, long enough to have it permed and have soft curls, so I didn't go to a salon for any trim.  As it grows, of course, the color starts to go down.  It wasn't too obvious (I think) until now.  As you can see in our latest photo shoot here, it looks like ombre.  Ombre is fine and I love it.  Sometimes, it looks okay on photos too especially when I curl my hair.  I'm also considering this hairstyle but I want it properly done by a stylist.

Kris has been consistently begging me to go for digiperm but I'm still waiting for at least 3 to 5 inches more.  I am now thinking of doing either of the following:  new hair color or bangs.  Need a little help here.  :)



While you are thinking about your choice, let me share a few tips first on how to change your look without having to spend so much money.

1. Bangs



Since I already mentioned it, let's start with bangs.  I know most of you are scared of committing to this style because it's so hard to maintain it.  If you're hesitant about having full bangs, try side swept.

2. Hair Part


This is the easiest way to change your look instantly!  If you always part your hair to one side, try to part it to the center.

3. Hair Length



If you think you can rock short hair, go for it!

4. Frames



I recently changed my eyeglasses and bought a bigger frame.  What's your pick?  People can now see my eyes better (plus the horrible eyebags).  You can also try different shapes or even contact lens.  Check out Michelle Phan's video on how to find the best eyeglasses for your face shape.

5. Lip Color



If you are fond of nude lips, try rocking bold pink or a classic red (or vice versa).  You don't even need to buy more lippies, try mixing what you already have.  Find out how here.

6. Eye Makeup

Same with the previous one, try to experiment with your eye makeup.  Change up your look by wearing cat eyeliner.  Your options are endless. :)

7. Accessorize

Accessories play a part when it comes to dressing up.  Watch, earrings, necklace or bracelets can revamp your outfit.

8. Curls

You don't need to spend at least 3 thousand for a perm because Youtube has a lot of videos on how to make those gorgeous (short-term) curls.  One technique works for me!  Just twist your damp hair, tie and leave it for hours.  No heat needed!

Can you think of other ways to have an instant makeover without splurging?  Let me know in the comments below. And don't forget to give your advice about my hair problem too.  HAHA!  :)

Good luck!



your sweetest drug,

You May Also Like

0 comments

What do you think?